A candlestick is a visual representation of data concerning the price movement of an item. One of the most well-liked elements of technical analysis is candlestick charts, which allow traders to quickly and accurately understand price information from a few price candles. However, monitoring the chart and looking for potential candlestick patterns all day long might be crucial.
This guide is going to introduce you to the Candlestick Pattern Indicator, an automatic price-action scanning tool for MT4, specially developed for technical traders in forex and stock markets.
What is the Candlestick Pattern Scanner?
The Candlestick Pattern Scanner represents an automatic price-action signal indicator for MT4. It seamlessly monitors price charts in multiple timeframes and detects key candlestick patterns. Once it spots a potential price candle structure, it marks the candle with colored bars and displays the name of the candlestick pattern.
For price action traders, candle patterns are a preferred indication. There are many candlestick patterns that can be classified as bullish or bearish. Often, one or several candles make up the candle patterns.
Typically, the Candlestick Pattern Scanner can spot all types of major price candle patterns, including pin bar, doji, evening star, shooting star, engulfing, hammer, morning star, and more. The text format signal appears after a price candle closes within a specific Japanese candlestick structure.
The Candlestick Pattern Scanner Trading Strategy
The Candlestick Pattern Scanner signals either a trend reversal or continuance depending on the way the price candle closes. In order to predict the upcoming market direction, traders benefit from having a solid understanding of candlestick formation.
The automatic candlestick scanner is ideal for deciphering market sentiment and the dynamics of supply and demand, bulls and bears, greed, fear, etc. Traders need to keep in mind that while a single candle offers significant information, patterns can only be identified by contrasting a single candle structure with its preceding and following candles. Traders must comprehend candlestick chart patterns in order to take advantage of them.
Here are the buy conditions of the Candlestick Pattern Scanner:
- The indicator spots a bullish candlestick pattern, such as a bullish engulfing, morning star, or a bullish pin bar.
- The price candle pattern rejects solid support.
- Enter buy after the indicator confirms the pattern name.
- Stop loss below the signal candle’s low.
- Take profit on the formation of bearish candlestick patterns.
Here are the sell conditions of the Candlestick Pattern Scanner:
- The indicator spots a bearish candlestick pattern, such as a bearish engulfing, evening star, or a bearish pin bar.
- The price candle pattern rejects solid resistance.
- Enter sell after the indicator confirms the pattern name.
- Stop loss above the signal candle’s high.
- Take profit on the formation of bullish candlestick patterns.
Candlestick Pattern Scanner Pros & Cons
- The indicator helps you predict the structure of the upcoming price candle.
- Candlestick patterns are ideal components of technical trading strategies.
- The Candlestick Pattern Scanner displays the name of the candle structure.
- Determine market sentiments.
- Easy to read and follow.
- A series of different candlestick patterns in a row may create confusion while trading.
- Candlestick patterns are not enough to confirm a precise trade entry and exit level.
The Candlestick Pattern Scanner can be an ideal technical MT4 tool for traders who weighs on price chart structures and candle patterns while making trading decisions. However, we need to remember we cannot entirely depend on candlestick patterns while confirming a trade entry. So, considering trend and price level tools alongside the candlestick detector can develop an ideal trading strategy.
Self-confessed Forex Geek spending my days researching and testing everything forex related. I have many years of experience in the forex industry having reviewed thousands of forex robots, brokers, strategies, courses and more. I share my knowledge with you for free to help you learn more about the crazy world of forex trading! Read more about me.