Based in Malta, Deriv is a retail trading broker that operates the STP execution model, offering transparent trading without any conflict of interest. The broker provides traders with various platforms for trading over 100 financial instruments, including forex, commodities, indices, stocks, and more. They also provide traders with a selection of learning materials and a professional-client support team. Traders benefit from some favorable trading conditions, such as multiple account options, zero commissions, low variable spreads, and leverage of up to 1:1,000. The minimum deposit required to open a live trading account is $5.
Deriv Review Introduction
In this Deriv review, we will take a look at some of the most important factors worth considering when choosing a forex broker for your online trading needs. This includes trading platforms, trading tools, research and education, account funding options, customer support, and broker regulation.
You may also wish to view my best forex brokers based on countless hours that I have spent researching and testing hundreds of brokers, all of which you can see in my forex broker reviews. You can also use my free trading tool to compare forex brokers including Deriv.
Deriv Platforms & Tools
Deriv offers the following trading platforms:
- MT5: This is an advanced trading platform that is built with a good selection of trading tools and advanced functionalities for the ease of trading various financial instruments. The platform is available in desktop, web, and mobile versions.
- DTrader: This is a trading platform that is best suited for the more seasoned traders. It is specifically designed to trade up to 50 assets in the form of digitals, multiplier, and lookback options.
- DBot: This platform is developed to allow you to automate your trading strategies without writing codes — it simply builds your trading bots via drag-and-drop blocks. The platform is available in the web version.
Deriv Research & Education
The broker’s website contains an FAQ section as well as a ‘help center’ that is packed with various learning articles.
Deriv Trading Accounts
The following trading account options are available at Deriv: DMT5 Account (Financial, Financial STP, and Synthetic); DTrader Account; and DBot Account. The minimum deposit required to open an account is $5. There is also the demo account, which is designed to help new traders familiarise themselves with the broker’s platforms before opening a live trading account.
Deriv Account Funding
All account deposit and withdrawal requests at Deriv are processed via any of the following payment methods: bank wire transfer, credit/debit cards, e-wallets, and cryptocurrencies.
Deriv Customer Service
Deriv provides traders with a knowledgeable customer support team to respond to their trading inquiries. The support team is available 24/7 and can be reached via email, social media, Live Chat, or by visiting any of their offices across the world.
In the EU, the brand is operated by Deriv Investments (Europe) Limited, which is licensed as a Category 3 Investment Services provider by the Malta Financial Services Authority (license no. IS/70156).
Outside the EU, the brand is operated by the following companies with corresponding regulatory authorities, thus:
- Deriv (FX) Ltd: Labuan Financial Services Authority (license no. MB/18/0024)
- Deriv (BVI) Ltd: The British Virgin Islands Financial Services Commission (license no. SIBA/L/18/1114)
- Deriv (V) Ltd: Vanuatu Financial Services Commission
- Champion Group Ltd: Vanuatu Financial Services Commission
- Deriv (SVG) LLC, Hinds Buildings, Kingstown, St. Vincent, and the Grenadines.
Deriv Review Summary
Deriv is an online financial services provider that allows traders to trade various financial instruments online. They provide traders with several educational materials to aid them. Clients benefit from a range of competitive trading conditions, such as 24/7 client support service, multiple trading account options, STP execution, tight spreads, leverage of up to 1:1,000, and a minimum deposit of $5. The broker is regulated in multiple jurisdictions.
It is worth mentioning that some of the trading products and services in this Deriv review may differ or not be available to traders in some countries due to regulations. As brokers’ terms can change over time, please verify all information is up to date directly from the Deriv broker website which you can visit by using the link below.
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. A large percentage of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.