The Double CCI Woodies Indicator is made up of two CCI’s if that was not obvious from the name The CCI is a momentum indicator that measures the difference between an asset’s price and its statistical average. The Double CCI Woodies Indicator can be used for a trend-following strategy that aims to identify the direction of the trend and to trade in that direction.
What is the Double CCI Woodies Indicator?
The Double CCI Woodies Indicator is a popular trading strategy that is used by many traders in the forex market. The strategy is based on the combination of two CCi indicators. When they both agree, we can have double confirmation for a trade. This can be better than using just one CCI indicator which might give too many false signals on its own.
- The strategy aims to identify the direction of the trend and to trade in that direction.
- The strategy is easy to implement and can be used by traders of all levels of experience
Double CCI Woodies Strategy
- The Double CCI Woodies Indicator generates a buy signal when the CCI a values are both above a certain threshold.
- The CCI value indicates that the asset is oversold.
- The MACD value indicates that the asset is trending upwards.
- Bullish candlestick patterns.
- Price bouncing from support or breaking out through resistance.
- A sell signal is generated by the Double CCI Woodies Indicator when both the CCI and MACD values are below a predetermined level.
- The CCI value suggests that the asset is overvalued.
- The MACD value reveals that the asset is experiencing a downward trend.
- Bearish candlestick patterns.
- Price bouncing from resistance or breaking out through support.
Double CCI Woodies Indicator Pros & Cons
The indicator can help traders to identify the trend direction and make trades accordingly. It can also be used in combination with other technical indicators and analysis techniques to improve trade decision-making.
- The strategy is based on well-known technical indicators.
- The strategy is designed to follow trends.
- The strategy is easy to implement.
- The strategy may generate false signals in choppy markets.
- The strategy may generate late signals in fast-moving markets.
- The strategy may not perform well in range-bound markets.
The Double CCI Woodies Indicator can be good for spotting overbought and oversold market conditions. It can form a strategy that uses the Commodity Channel Index (CCI) and the Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) to identify and trade with the trend. This indicator has advantages, such as being based on well-known technical indicators and being easy to use, but it also has drawbacks, such as potentially providing false signals in choppy markets, late signals in fast-moving markets, and poor performance in range-bound markets. While the Double CCI Woodies Indicator can be useful for traders who want to follow trends, it is important to consider its limitations and use it in conjunction with other analysis tools to filter signals.
Self-confessed Forex Geek spending my days researching and testing everything forex related. I have many years of experience in the forex industry having reviewed thousands of forex robots, brokers, strategies, courses and more. I share my knowledge with you for free to help you learn more about the crazy world of forex trading! Read more about me.