DTOSC Indicator uses straightforward crossing methods between RSI and Stochastics to assess market momentums based on its overbought/oversold signals. It was created to help swing traders, particularly scalpers who find it difficult to pinpoint the market’s possible swing levels.
The DTOSC Indicator (dynamic trader oscillator) provides charts for all different forex currency pairs as well as those for other financial instruments including stocks, futures, and cryptocurrencies. The M5 and M15 time frame charts can work well with it as a scalping indicator.
What is the DTOSC Indicator?
The DTOSC indicator is designed to help traders identify market momentum and potential swing levels, especially for those who use scalping strategies. It does this by using simple crossover techniques between the Relative Strength Index (RSI) and Stochastics, which are technical indicators that measure the overbought or oversold conditions of an asset.
When the RSI and Stochastics lines cross over, it can signal a potential change in the trend of the market, alerting traders to potential buying or selling opportunities. The DTOSC indicator is particularly useful for swing traders, who try to profit from short-term price movements within a larger trend.
- The DTOSC Indicator is based on two technical indicators that work together to provide reliable signals.
- It is a trend-following strategy that takes into account the overall trend direction.
- It is designed to help traders identify overbought and oversold conditions and confirm whether the trend is in line with the signal.
Dynamic Trader Oscillator Strategy
To create the crossover signals, the DTOSC Indicator employs Periodic RSI and Stoch-SD. Periodic RSI crossings over Stoch-SD indicate a bullish crossover. On the other hand, when Stoch-SD crosses above Periodic RSI, it signals a bearish crossover in the market trend. The market is said to be overbought at its 70 to 100 value region. On the other side, the market is oversold at its level in the range from 30 to 0. The best signals to use for long and short entry, respectively, are bullish crossover at the oversold level and bearish crossing at the overbought level.
- The indicator value drops below its 30 level
- Periodic RSI moves above Stoch-SD at the same time
- Buy triggers when the above conditions are met
- Set stop loss below the recent low of the market
- Exit long/take profit whenever DTOSC Indicator plots bearish crossover near its overbought area
- The indicator value rises above its 70 level
- Periodic RSI moves below Stoch-SD at the same time
- Sell triggers when the above conditions are met
- Set stop above the recent high of the market
- Exit short/take profit whenever DTOSC Indicator plots bullish crossover near its oversold level
Dynamic Trader Oscillator Indicator Pros & Cons
The DTOSC Indicator can help traders develop their trading system by providing a clear set of rules for entering and exiting trades. It can also serve as a useful tool for risk management, as it helps traders identify overbought and oversold conditions and confirm whether the trend is in line with the signal.
- It is a simple and easy-to-use indicator.
- It combines multiple technical indicators to provide reliable signals.
- It takes into account the overall trend direction.
- It may generate false signals in choppy market conditions.
- It may be late to react to sudden changes in the market.
- It may not be suitable for all trading styles.
The DTOSC Indicator is composed of a double smoothed stochastic oscillator and trend direction filter, which work together to identify possible trade opportunities. This trend-following strategy helps traders recognize when the market is overbought or oversold and determines if the trend matches the identified signal. Although it has its pros and cons, the DTOSC Indicator can assist traders in improving their trading system and risk management approaches.
Self-confessed Forex Geek spending my days researching and testing everything forex related. I have many years of experience in the forex industry having reviewed thousands of forex robots, brokers, strategies, courses and more. I share my knowledge with you for free to help you learn more about the crazy world of forex trading! Read more about me.