The Gartley Pattern Scanner Indicator is a technical analysis tool used in the foreign exchange (forex) market to identify potential buy and sell opportunities based on chart patterns. The Gartley pattern, named after its creator, H.M. Gartley, is a chart pattern that looks for potential reversals in the market. The Gartley Pattern Scanner Indicator is designed to automatically identify and highlight these patterns on a chart, making it easier for traders to spot and act on potential trading opportunities.
What is the Gartley Pattern Scanner Indicator?
The Gartley Pattern Scanner Indicator is based on the idea that market trends often experience reversals at certain key levels. These key levels can be identified using various technical analysis tools, such as trend lines, support and resistance levels, and Fibonacci retracement levels.
- The Gartley Pattern Scanner Indicator looks for specific chart patterns that have historically been associated with trend reversals.
- These patterns include the Gartley pattern, the butterfly pattern, and the crab pattern.
- The indicator calculates key levels on the chart and looks for the formation of these patterns within a certain price range.
- Once a pattern is identified, the indicator highlights it on the chart and provides a potential entry or exit point for the trade.
Gartley Pattern Scanner Strategy
- When the Gartley Pattern Scanner Indicator identifies a potential buy opportunity, it is generally based on the formation of a bullish chart pattern.
- Some common bullish chart patterns that may be identified by the indicator include the Gartley pattern and the butterfly pattern.
- When these patterns are formed and the indicator provides a buy signal, it may be a good idea to enter a long position in the market.
- When the Gartley Pattern Scanner Indicator identifies a potential sell opportunity, it is generally based on the formation of a bearish chart pattern.
- Some common bearish chart patterns that may be identified by the indicator include the crab pattern and the three drives pattern.
- When these patterns are formed and the indicator provides a sell signal, it may be a good idea to enter a short position in the market.
Gartley Pattern Scanner Indicator Pros & Cons
- The Gartley Pattern Scanner Indicator can make it easier to identify potential trading opportunities based on chart patterns.
- It can help traders to enter and exit trades at key levels, potentially maximizing profits and minimizing losses.
- The indicator can be customized to fit the preferences of the user, such as the specific chart patterns to look for and the price range in which to search for them.
- The Gartley Pattern Scanner Indicator is not a standalone trading strategy and should be used in conjunction with other technical and fundamental analysis tools.
- It is based on historical patterns and may not always accurately predict future market movements.
- The indicator may generate false signals or miss potential trading opportunities.
The Gartley Pattern Scanner Indicator is an important tool for traders who want to find potential opportunities to buy or sell based on chart patterns. By identifying key levels for entry and exit, this indicator can help traders potentially maximize their profits and minimize their losses. However, it’s important to remember that the Gartley Pattern Scanner Indicator should not be used as the sole basis for making trades. Instead, it’s best to use it in combination with other technical and fundamental analysis techniques in order to make informed trading decisions.
Self-confessed Forex Geek spending my days researching and testing everything forex related. I have many years of experience in the forex industry having reviewed thousands of forex robots, brokers, strategies, courses and more. I share my knowledge with you for free to help you learn more about the crazy world of forex trading! Read more about me.