Founded in 2010 in the United States, Lightspeed is a New York-based online broker that offers brokerage services in stocks, futures, options, mutual funds, and exchange-traded funds (ETFs) for retail and institutional traders. The broker provides traders with a choice of multiple trading platforms to choose from, including the proprietary Lightspeed Trader and Livevolx Platforms.
Lightspeed merged with Lime Brokerage and efutures in May 2018. The broker has continued to operate under the name, Lightspeed Trading, owned by Limelight Holdings LLC.
Lightspeed Review Introduction
In this Lightspeed review, we will take a look at some of the most important factors worth considering when choosing a trading broker for your online trading needs. This includes trading platforms, trading tools, research and education, account funding options, customer support and broker regulation.
You may also wish to view my best forex brokers based on countless hours that I have spent researching and testing hundreds of brokers, all of which you can see in my forex broker reviews. You can also use my free trading tool to compare brokers including Lightspeed.
Lightspeed Platforms & Tools
Lightspeed offers traders a range of powerful and intuitive trading platforms to help them achieve their goals. Each platform comes with its own unique benefits, they include:
- Lightspeed Trader — This is the flagship trading platform. It aids traders of all experience levels to customize layouts and rules to fit their trading styles. It has integrated charting with technical analysis capabilities and a range of advanced scanners and filters to chop from.
- Lightspeed Web/Mobile Trader — This Platform is suitable for traders who wish to trade while on the go from Android or iOS compatible devices, with an internet connection.
- Lime Trading Gateway — This Platform is best suited for experienced automated traders who require direct market access with superior liquidity. It offers access to low latency trading via C++ or JAVA, API, and FIX.
- Sterling Trader — The sterling Trader Provides a full-featured level II trading Platform, it is designed for professional traders. The terminal includes advanced pinpoint accuracy and real-time profit/loss capabilities.
- Livevol X Options Trading — This is the next-generation execution platform that combines the intelligence of Livevol Pro with advanced options trading capabilities and sophisticated risk analytics.
- Eze EMS (Formerly RealTick) Pro and Express — It delivers powerful trading tools, gives access to a vast amount of liquidity, real-time data, charting, analytics, and real-time streaming news.
- Eze EMS ( Formerly RealTick) Pro — This is a full-featured trading software for professional traders.
- Eze EMS ( Formerly RealTick) Express — This is a value-oriented alternative to the full-featured Pro version.
- Derivix — It gives traders an all-in-one solution for pricing and analytics, portfolio risk management, and more.
- SILEXX OEMS — It provides streamlined execution, real-time analytics, and comprehensive risk management.
- Wex — It provides traders with efficient trading tools.
- efutures Platform — It provides a full-featured platform, powered by CQG for prompt trade executions.
Lightspeed Research & Education
The broker provides clients with a good selection of educational materials, such as tutorials, webinars, news updates, and more, to increase their trading knowledge and skills.
Lightspeed Trading Accounts
Lightspeed offers a variety of account types:
- Regulation T Margin Account
- Portfolio Margin Account
- Separately Managed Account (SMA)
- DVP/RVP: Delivery Versus Payment or Receipt Versus Payment
- CMTA AGREEMENTS
There are other account types, such as:
- Individual Accounts
- Joint Accounts
- Corporate Accounts
- LLC Accounts
- Partnership Accounts
- Trust Accounts
- Retirement Accounts
All accounts gain access to risk management tools, competitive commission rates, and dedicated customer service.
Lightspeed Account Funding
Lightspeed offers funding via wire transfer, check, and ACH. The transaction fees and the processing time depend on the payment method used.
Lightspeed Customer Service
Lightspeed offers personalized customer support services via telephone and email during normal working hours.
Lightspeed brokerage is a division of Lime Brokerage, which is a member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). FINRA is an independent organization that regulates its member brokers in the United States.
Lightspeed Review Summary
Lightspeed Brokerage offers a wide variety of powerful trading platforms and advanced trading tools. They charge competitive fees and offer a range of different account types to choose from.
It is worth mentioning that some of the trading products and services in this Lightspeed review may differ or not be available to traders in some countries due to regulations. As brokers terms can change over time, please verify all information is up to date directly from the Lightspeed broker website which you can visit by using the link below.
Trading complex instruments can come with a high risk. You should consider whether you understand how investments and trading work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing all of your money.