The Matching Low Candlestick pattern is a technical analysis technique that is used by forex traders to potentially locate points where a trend may reverse. This pattern was reportedly developed by Japanese rice traders during the 18th century and has become widely used by traders globally. It is used to identify potential trend reversal points.
What is the Matching Low Candlestick Pattern?
The Matching Low Candlestick pattern is formed when the low of a candle matches the low of the previous candle. This pattern can occur in either an uptrend or a downtrend, but it is typically seen as a bullish pattern in an uptrend and a bearish pattern in a downtrend.
The strategy behind the Matching Low Candlestick pattern is to look for a potential trend reversal point based on the matching low of the two candles. Traders can use this pattern in conjunction with other technical analysis tools, such as moving averages or support and resistance levels, to confirm a potential reversal.
The Candle that Forms the pattern is typically a long, red candle in an uptrend or a long, green candle in a downtrend. The matching low of the two candles indicates that buyers or sellers are trying to push the price in the opposite direction of the current trend.
For example, if the USD/JPY is in an uptrend and a long, red candle forms with a matching low to the previous candle, this could be a signal to buy the pair as the trend may be reversing to the downside, a perfect timing to place a buy trade.
- It can be used to identify potential trend reversal points
- It can be used in conjunction with other technical analysis tools for confirmation
- It can be used to enter trades in the opposite direction of the current trend
Matching Low Strategy
Bullish Matching Low Candlestick Pattern
- The long, red candle in an uptrend indicates that buyers are trying to push the price.
- The matching low of the two candles confirms that the trend may be reversing.
- Confirmation with other technical analysis. tools, such as moving averages or support and resistance levels, can increase the probability of a successful trade.
Matching Low Candlestick Pattern Pros & Cons
- It is a simple and easy-to-identify pattern.
- It is a century old technical tool thus it is trusted by traders in the financial market.
- It may not always accurately predict a trend reversal.
- It should not be used as the sole basis for a trade decision.
- It may not be suitable for all trading styles and risk tolerances.
The Matching Low Candlestick pattern is a technique used in the forex market to determine possible points of trend reversal. When coupled with other technical analysis methods, this candlestick pattern can be beneficial for traders seeking to trade in opposition to the current trend. Although it is not always reliable in forecasting trend reversals, it can be a useful tool for traders aiming to profit from potential market movements.
Self-confessed Forex Geek spending my days researching and testing everything forex related. I have many years of experience in the forex industry having reviewed thousands of forex robots, brokers, strategies, courses and more. I share my knowledge with you for free to help you learn more about the crazy world of forex trading! Read more about me.