Table of Contents
Moomoo is a regulated financial services provider that is based in California. They allow traders to trade various financial assets — stocks, options, ETFs, and ADRs — with the aid of advanced trading platforms, helpful trading tools, and educational resources. There are multiple account options to choose from with a minimum deposit requirement of just $1. In addition, no commission is charged on trades.
Moomoo Platforms & Tools
Moomoo clients can trade all the available financial instruments using the broker’s proprietary trading platform. The Moomoo trading platform is built with essential features and has strong trading capabilities to suit even the most advanced traders. The platform’s interface is easy to navigate despite its huge customization tools. The broker makes the Moomoo trading platform available as a desktop application for Windows and Mac computers, WebTrader that runs directly on most modern web browsers, and a mobile app that is designed for smartphone devices running on Android and iOS. The mobile app is built with independent technological research and development capabilities to improve the overall trading process.
Traders benefit from some additional tools to help them get the best trading experience. These useful standalone tools include the following: market data, financial calendars, charts, technical indicators, intuitive graphs, stock screeners, and more.
Moomoo Research & Education
Moomoo provides traders with various educational resources to improve their overall trading skills and knowledge. Some of these learning resources include an FAQ section, highlights, learning articles, trading guides, and market news that keeps traders in the know of latest events in the financial markets.
Moomoo Trading Accounts
Moomoo offers two commission-free live trading account types, and they include the Individual Account and Margin Account.
Moomoo Account Funding
The only payment method accepted at Moomoo for both account deposits and withdrawal purposes is through the use of ACH from U.S. bank accounts.
Moomoo Customer Service
All trading inquiries can be sent to the broker’s client support team, who are always available and can be reached via telephone, email, and social media.
Moomoo is a trading name of Futu, which is regulated in the U.S. and Singapore as follows:
- Futu Inc. is a registered broker-dealer with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) (CRD: 283078/SEC: 8-69739), and a member in good standing of Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), so it is authorized to conduct business in compliance with SEC and FINRA.
- Futu Clearing Inc. is a registered broker-dealer with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) (CRD: 298769/SEC: 8-70215), a member in good standing of Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), as well as a member of the Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC) and the Options Clearing Corporation (OCC).
- Futu Wealth Advisors Inc. is a registered investment advisor with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) (CRD: 310790/SEC: 801-119635). It is regulated by the SEC.
- Futu Futures Inc. is a licensed entity registered with the National Futures Association (NFA) (NFA ID: 0523957). It is regulated by the National Futures Association (NFA) and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC).
- Futu Singapore Pte. Ltd. is a capital markets services license holder regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (Licence No. CMS101000)
Moomoo Review Summary
Founded in 2020, Moomoo is an online financial services provider that offers straightforward access to the global financial markets via a proprietary trading platform that is available in desktop, web, and mobile versions. The broker offers a selection of trading and learning tools and provides a client support team to assist traders. The minimum deposit required to start trading is $1. The broker is regulated by the SEC, FIRA, SIPC, NFA, MAS.
Self-confessed Forex Geek spending my days researching and testing everything forex related. I have many years of experience in the forex industry having reviewed thousands of forex robots, brokers, strategies, courses and more. I share my knowledge with you for free to help you learn more about the crazy world of forex trading! Read more about me.