Table of Contents
Saxo Markets an online brokerage brand operated by Saxo bank, which has been around for more than 25 years. Established in 1992 in Denmark with headquarters in Copenhagen, Saxo bank now has offices in the UK, Hong Kong, France, Netherlands, Australia, China, Japan, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Brazil, and the UAE.
The broker offers over 42,000 tradable instruments across Forex, stocks, commodities, ETFs, futures, bonds, and vanilla options. Their clients can access the markets through their proprietary trading platform, with quality trade execution speeds offered via ECN channels using direct market access.
Saxo Markets Platforms & Tools
The broker offers a number of unique trading tools, including the following:
- Saxo TraderGO: equipped with a range of trading tools; suitable for regular traders
- Saxo TraderPRO: for professional and high-volume traders
- Saxo Open API: for direct access to the markets
Other trading tools offered by the broker include Saxo Select Managed Portfolios, Market Analysis, and Saxo Platform Tools, including Economic Calendar and Autochartist.
Saxo Markets Research & Education
Saxo Markets’ website has an education section that contains around 20 video courses grouped under forex, bonds, CFDs, equities, forex options, and futures. There are about 46 video guides on how to use the Saxo TraderGO and Saxo TraderPRO platforms. The broker also organizes webinars on the website.
Saxo Markets Trading Accounts
The broker offers the following account types:
- Classic Account: The minimum opening balance is £500 for U.K. clients, AUD 3,000 for Australian clients, and $10,000 for international clients
- Platinum Account: Features 30% lower prices than classic account; the minimum opening balance is £50,000 for U.K. clients, AUD 50,000 for Australian clients, and $200,000 for international clients
- VIP Account: The minimum opening balance is AUD/USD/GBP 1 million
- Professional Account: for those who qualify as professional traders; up to 1:66 leverage
Saxo Markets Account Funding
Saxo Markets allow a limited number of account funding and withdrawal methods. They only accept bank wire transfers, bank cards, and securities transfer.
Saxo Markets Customer Service
The broker has a multi-lingual support team that is available 24/5. They can be reached via phone, email, and live chat.
Saxo Markets Regulation
Saxo Markets is the trading brand of Saxo Capital Markets, which is a subsidiary of Saxo bank. They are regulated in multiple jurisdictions as follows:
- Saxo Capital Markets UK Limited is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- BG SAXO Societa di Intermediazione Mobiliare S.P.A is licensed by Italian Market Authority — Consob
- Saxo Bank A/S Netherlands is registered by the Bank of the Netherlands
- Saxo Capital Markets Pte. Ltd. Singapore is licensed as a Capital Market Services provider and an Exempt Financial Advisor, and they are supervised by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)
- Saxo Bank (Switzerland) Ltd. Is a licensed bank regulated by the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority (FINMA)
- Saxo Bank A/S is licensed by the Danish Financial Supervisory Authority (FSA)
- Saxo Banque (France) SAS is licensed as a Credit Institution by the Bank of France
The broker is also regulated in the UAE, Australia, Hong Kong, and Japan.
Saxo Markets Review Summary
Saxo Markets is the online brokerage arm of Saxo Bank, which has been in operation for more than 25 years. They are regulated in multiple jurisdictions and offer over 42,000 tradable instruments via their proprietary trading platforms.
Self-confessed Forex Geek spending my days researching and testing everything forex related. I have many years of experience in the forex industry having reviewed thousands of forex robots, brokers, strategies, courses and more. I share my knowledge with you for free to help you learn more about the crazy world of forex trading! Read more about me.