The Sniper Trading Strategy is a technical analysis-based approach to trading the foreign exchange (forex) market. It was developed by Chris Capre, a professional forex trader and founder of the 2ndSkies Trading website. The strategy was first introduced in the mid-2000s and has since gained popularity among traders looking for a simple, yet effective way to trade the forex market.
In terms of how it works in the market, the Sniper Trading Strategy relies on identifying key price levels and trading based on the interaction of price with these levels. It uses a combination of technical indicators, such as moving averages and Bollinger Bands, to identify potential entry and exit points for trades.
What is the Sniper Trading Strategy?
The Sniper Trading Strategy is a technical analysis-based approach to trading the forex market. It aims to identify key price levels and trade based on the interaction of price with these levels. The strategy utilizes a combination of technical indicators to identify potential entry and exit points for trades.
- The Sniper Trading Strategy uses key price levels to identify potential trades.
- It combines multiple technical indicators to provide a clear and concise trading plan.
- The strategy can be applied to any time frame, making it suitable for both short-term and long-term traders.
Sniper Trading Strategy
- A break of a key resistance level.
- A bullish crossover of two moving averages.
- A Bollinger Band squeeze followed by a breakout to the upside.
- A break of a key support level, a key support level is a price point at which the demand for a particular asset is expected to be strong enough to prevent the price from falling further. When the price of an asset breaks below this level, it can signal that the demand for the asset is decreasing and that a sell signal may be appropriate.
- A bearish crossover of two moving averages, moving averages are technical indicators that show the average price of an asset over a specific time period. When two moving averages with different time periods cross over in a bearish manner, it can indicate that the asset’s price is likely to trend downward. This can be a sell signal for traders using the Sniper Trading Strategy.
- A Bollinger Band squeeze followed by a breakout to the downside, Bollinger Bands are technical indicators that consist of a moving average and two standard deviations plotted above and below the average. When the bands contract and form a squeeze, it can indicate that a breakout is imminent. If the breakout is to the downside, it can be a sell signal for traders using the Sniper Trading Strategy.
Sniper Trading Strategy Pros & Cons
- It provides clear and concise entry and exit points for trades.
- It can be applied to any time frame, making it suitable for a variety of trading styles.
- It helps traders to identify key price levels and trade based on the interaction of price with these levels.
- The Sniper Trading Strategy may be too rigid and may not allow for flexibility or adaptability in changing market conditions. This can result in traders missing out on potential trade opportunities or making poor trade decisions.
- The Sniper Trading Strategy may not be suitable for traders who prefer a more fundamental or macroeconomic approach to trading, as it is primarily based on technical analysis.
- The Sniper Trading Strategy may be prone to overfitting, which occurs when a trading strategy is optimized to fit past market conditions but fails to perform well in real-time trading. This can result in trades that do not follow the expected trend and result in losses for the trader.
The Sniper Trading Strategy is a technical analysis-based method of trading in the forex market. It involves using key price levels and various technical indicators to identify potential entry and exit points for trades. This strategy can be applied to any time frame and has the advantage of providing clear and concise entry and exit points, as well as being adaptable to various trading styles.
However, it is important for traders to consider whether it is suitable for their individual approach and to utilize risk management techniques to minimize the potential for false signals. Those who have a strong understanding of technical analysis may find the Sniper Trading Strategy to be an effective method of identifying high-probability trade opportunities and capitalizing on market trends.
Self-confessed Forex Geek spending my days researching and testing everything forex related. I have many years of experience in the forex industry having reviewed thousands of forex robots, brokers, strategies, courses and more. I share my knowledge with you for free to help you learn more about the crazy world of forex trading! Read more about me.