The Support-Resistance Barry (SRBarry) indicator is a technical analysis tool that can help traders identify areas of support and resistance on price charts. It is designed to detect levels at which the price may find support or encounter resistance, based on past market behavior. In this article, we will delve into the workings of the Support And Resistance Barry Indicator and explore how it may be used to make trading decisions.
What is the Support And Resistance Barry Indicator?
The Support and Resistance Barry (SRBarry) indicator is a technical analysis tool designed to identify areas of support and resistance in the price of an asset. The indicator works by plotting dotted lines on the chart which indicate areas of support and resistance. A blue line appearing below the candles indicates a support level, while a red line appearing above the candles indicates a resistance level. Traders may use this indicator to buy at support or sell at resistance, with confirmation from other indicators. The SRBarry indicator also includes an audio alert when a new support or resistance level is detected, signaled by the appearance of the third blue or red dot/candle.
The indicator creates a line of support and resistance dots at a particular level, with one dot per candle. If the next candle produces a different level of the same kind (support or resistance), the first line is terminated, and a new line of dots is printed on the new level. It’s important to note that the Support and Resistance Barry indicator has the tendency to repaint the last three bars, which means that when a support or resistance level is drawn, it first appears on the open of the 3rd dot on that level. It then paints this candle with a blue or red dot and also paints the two previous candles at the same time.
Support And Resistance Barry Indicator Strategy
The Support and Resistance Barry indicator is a powerful tool for identifying areas of support and resistance on price charts. One strategy for using this indicator is the Support and Resistance Barry with Trend line Strategy. This strategy allows traders to use the indicator to identify potential trade entries and exits in both trending and range-bound markets. In a trending market, traders can use the indicator to identify support or resistance levels that are likely to hold, and then use trend lines to confirm the direction of the trend. In a range-bound market, traders can use the indicator to identify potential price levels where the market may bounce, and then use trend lines to confirm the range. This strategy can be used on any time frame, making it suitable for traders of all experience levels.
- Wait for the Support And Resistance Barry Indicator to show a blue line under the price candles, indicating that the currency pair is now at support.
- Traders may open a long position when the above requirement is met
- Set a stop loss for your position a few pips below the blue support line or according to your money management strategy.
- Wait for the indicator to show a red line above the price candles, which indicates that the pair has met resistance.
- Traders may open a short position when the above requirements is met
- Set a stop loss for your position a few pips above the red resistance line or according to your money management strategy.
Support And Resistance Barry Indicator Pros & Cons
- The indicator is user-friendly and easy to understand, even for novice traders.
- It helps to identify support and resistance levels with ease, making it useful for technical analysis.
- The audio alert feature notifies traders when a new support or resistance level has been identified, saving time and effort.
- The indicator can be used in different timeframes, making it versatile for traders with different trading styles.
- The indicator repaints the last three bars, which can lead to false signals and misinterpretation.
- The indicator may not work well in highly volatile markets, as support and resistance levels can be quickly broken.
- Traders may become too reliant on the indicator and fail to use their own discretion and analysis, leading to potential losses.
In conclusion, the Support and Resistance Barry Indicator is a useful tool for traders to identify potential support and resistance levels in the market. Its color-coded lines and audio alerts make it easy to use and understand, and it can be used in various market conditions. However, like any other indicator, it has its limitations and may give false signals at times. Traders should exercise caution and use it in conjunction with other indicators and analysis tools for better accuracy
Self-confessed Forex Geek spending my days researching and testing everything forex related. I have many years of experience in the forex industry having reviewed thousands of forex robots, brokers, strategies, courses and more. I share my knowledge with you for free to help you learn more about the crazy world of forex trading! Read more about me.