Founded in 1982, TradeStation is an online U.S. broker that is headquartered in Florida, with offices in several cities around the globe, including New York, Chicago, Richardson, Texas, London, Sydney, and Costa Rica. They are a subsidiary of Monex Group, Inc., which is one of the largest online financial service providers in Japan and is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. The broker is known for their innovative trading platform that contains a vast array of built-in tools for in-depth market research. They offer online trading in stocks, ETFs, options, and futures and provide a wide range of educational and research resources.
TradeStation Review Introduction
In this TradeStation review, we will take a look at some of the most important factors worth considering when choosing a broker for your online trading needs. This includes trading platforms, trading tools, research and education, account funding options, customer support and broker regulation.
You may also wish to view my best forex brokers based on countless hours that I have spent researching and testing hundreds of brokers, all of which you can see in my forex broker reviews. You can also use my free trading tool to compare brokers including TradeStation.
TradeStation Platforms & Tools
TradeStation provides clients with desktop, web, and mobile trading platforms:
- TradeStation Desktop Platform: The desktop platform comes with fully customizable charting and analysis tools, market-scanning tools, reliable trade execution speeds, advanced order management, fully automated strategy trading, backtesting and more.
- TradeStation Web Platform: This platform can be accessed with most modern web browsers, such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari. It comes with features like streaming real-time data, one-click trading, news feeds, and most of the other functionalities in the desktop platform.
- TradeStation Mobile Platform: The mobile platform is compatible with Android and iOS devices, and it’s very useful to those who wish to access their account and manage their investment portfolio on the go. It comes with some analysis, order management, and alert tools.
TradeStation Research & Education
The broker has a range of professional trading and research tools, including the RadarScreen Scanner, which can scan the markets for trading opportunities, and the Matrix market depth window, which assist with entry and exit signals.
There is a market knowledge center on their website, which contains a good selection of educational resources, including tutorial videos, articles, news, events, classes, and a trading glossary. They cover a variety of topics, including types of markets, trading strategies, trading platforms, and more.
TradeStation Trading Accounts
TradeStation offers a variety of accounts to suit different traders’ goals. Here are the main account types:
- Individual: a personal account type for individuals
- Joint: owned two or more individuals
- Entity: for business entities
- IRA: Traditional IRA, Roth IRA, or SEP-IRA for retirement planning
- Custodial: an individual account managed by an adult on behalf of a minor (equity accounts only)
TradeStation Account Funding
The broker accepts the following account funding options:
- Wire Transfer: Can be processed next day if done before 4 p.m. ET
- Check Deposit: Processing time is 3 days, free
- Electronic Transfer (ACAT): Processing time is 7-10 days, free
- Smart Transfer: 3 days, free, and a maximum deposit of $50,000
There is a minimum initial deposit of $200 for stock and options cash accounts and $2,000 for margin accounts. The minimum initial deposit for futures account is $500
TradeStation Customer Service
TradeStation provides prompt customer support services via online chat, telephone, and email. The customer support team is available during trading hours to answer any general, technical, or account questions you may have.
The broker is regulated in the United States by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), which is an independent, self-regulatory organization that makes and enforces the rules governing broker-dealer firms.
TradeStation Review Summary
TradeStation is a U.S. broker that offers online trading services in stocks, ETFs, options, and futures through their popular TradeStation Trading Platforms, with competitive trading fees, fast execution, and prompt customer service. They provide a nice collection of educational and research resources.
It is worth mentioning that some of the trading products and services in this TradeStation review may differ or not be available to traders in some countries due to regulations. As brokers terms can change over time, please verify all information is up to date directly from the TradeStation broker website which you can visit by using the link below.
Trading complex instruments can come with a high risk. You should consider whether you understand how investments and trading work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing all of your money.