The Yang Trader Indicator is said to have been created by a professional trader named David Yang. It was first officially used in the market in the early 2000s.
What is the Yang Trader Indicator?
The Yang Trader trading indicator is a technical analysis tool that is used to identify potential price reversals in the Forex market. The strategy utilizes the Yang Trader MT4 indicator, an oscillator designed to show signals at overbought and oversold levels in the market. The indicator ranges from 0 to 100, with values below 15 indicating oversold areas and above 80 indicating overbought conditions. These signals are generated based on the concept of “market memory” which means it uses historical price data to identify patterns and trends in the market.
It is important to note that while the signals generated by the Yang Trader indicator can be useful, they are not always entirely accurate. This is because the indicator only takes into account historical market data and may not take current market conditions or news events into account. Therefore, traders often use additional tools or technical parameters to filter the signals generated by the Yang Trader indicator. This can help increase the chances of successful trades by identifying more accurate signals.
For example, traders might use other indicators such as Moving averages, Relative Strength Index (RSI), or Fibonacci retracements to confirm the signals generated by the Yang Trader indicator. This can help to filter out false signals and increase the chances of making profitable trades.
Key Features of the Yang Trader Indicator
- The indicator is based on the concept of “market memory” and uses historical price data to identify patterns and trends.
- It is a visual tool that is easy to use and interpret, making it accessible to traders of all experience levels.
- The indicator can be used in conjunction with other technical analysis tools for more accurate signal generation.
When using the Yang Trader MT4 Indicator for trading, it is important to take certain precautions to ensure a successful outcome.
Traders should not enter into trades haphazardly, but rather follow established technical entry rules outlined in this article. Only enter a trade if there is a solid technical rationale, and if no clear technical analysis is present, wait for the next opportunity.
Yang Trader Strategy
We are using the Yang Trader MT4 indicator to identify potential reversal points in the market. We do this by drawing a trend line across the price action candles and the indicator’s bump points. When both the candle and indicator lines break their respective trend lines at the same time, it is a signal to buy.
The long trade entry signal occurs when the following is seen on the charts:
- The trend line of the Yang Trader MT4 indicator is breached upward.
- The candlesticks also break above their trend line at the same time the indicator line breaches the trend line.
- The trade entry is made when the next candle opens, after it bounced off the trend line.
- The classical divergence trade is executed when the Yang Trader MT4 indicator line displays lower highs in the overbought area (above 80) while the candlesticks show higher highs.
- A short trade entry is made when the next candle opens after bouncing off the trend line. An example of this can be seen in the accompanying chart.
Yang Trader Indicator Pros & Cons
- The Yang Trader Indicator can help traders identify potential entry and exit points in the market, leading to more accurate trades.
- It is easy to use and interpret, making it accessible to traders of all experience levels.
- The indicator is based on historical market data, which can provide a sense of market sentiment and direction.
- The indicator is based on historical data and may not take into account current market conditions or news events.
- It can generate false signals, leading to losses if not used in conjunction with other technical analysis tools.
- The indicator does not account for fundamental analysis and should not be used as the sole basis for a trading strategy.
The Yang Trader Indicator is a technical analysis tool that helps traders identify potential price reversals in the Forex market. It uses the Yang Trader MT4 indicator, an oscillator that detects overbought and oversold levels in the market and is based on the idea of “market memory” which means it uses historical price data to identify patterns and trends in the market. However, it’s important to keep in mind that the signals generated by the Yang Trader indicator may not always be entirely accurate, thus it is advisable to use it in conjunction with other technical analysis tools to increase the chances of accurate signals. Additionally, traders should follow established technical entry rules and not enter into trades recklessly.
Self-confessed Forex Geek spending my days researching and testing everything forex related. I have many years of experience in the forex industry having reviewed thousands of forex robots, brokers, strategies, courses and more. I share my knowledge with you for free to help you learn more about the crazy world of forex trading! Read more about me.