The Ascent EA is a Forex robot, designed for the Metatrader 4 platform. With its algorithms, it is designed to identify and capitalize on breakout opportunities triggered by high-impact news, as well as higher highs, lower lows, and trend lines. In this review, we will examine the features of the Ascent EA, its trading strategies, and its performance in real trading situations. This review will provide you with valuable insights into the Ascent EA, enabling you make a better informed decision on if it is the right trading robot for you.
Ascent EA Strategy
The Ascent EA is a Forex robot developed for the Metatrader 4 platform that trades breakouts caused by high-impact news, higher highs, lower lows, and trend lines. Its strategy is based on the fact that breakouts create trends, and it captures these emerging trends by adding to positions when conditions present themselves. The EA uses dynamic take profit targets and calculates stop losses based on volatility.
The Ascent EA has two different strategies that traders can choose from. The default settings are intended for operation on the EURUSD 15min chart, but all variables are left exposed, enabling traders to optimize and trade the EA on many instruments. The EA can be used on unlimited trading accounts, both demo and live, and should work on any time frame. However, it is recommended to test the Ascent EA on a demo account first over an extended period of time before running it on a live trading account.
It does not have any grid or martingale components. The EA trades on average a few times a week and is designed to work for any time frame. Additionally, it should work for any currency pair including gold. To use the Ascent EA, the developer recommends a minimum account balance of $250. However, it is important to not invest more than you can afford to lose, as there is also the potential for losses.
Ascent EA Features
- Trades breakouts caused by high-impact news, higher highs, lower lows, and trend lines.
- Uses dynamic take profit targets and calculates stop losses based on volatility.
- Based on the strategy that breakouts create trends, and captures emerging trends by adding to positions.
- Offers two different strategies that traders can choose from.
- Default settings are intended for operation on the EURUSD 15min chart.
- All variables are left exposed, enabling traders to optimize and trade the EA on many instruments.
- Can be used on unlimited trading accounts, both demo and live.
- Does not have any Grid or Martingale components.
- Trades on average a few times a week.
- Designed to work for any time frame and any currency pair, including Gold.
- Developed for Metatrader 4.
Ascent EA Settings
- Lot Size- Determines the size of the trade position.
- Risk Setting- Calculates lot size based on a percentage of account balance, to manage risk.
- Take Profit- Sets the target profit level at which the trade will close.
- Stop Loss- Sets the maximum amount of loss that can be tolerated before the trade is closed.
- Enable Strategy- Enables or disables the breakout trading strategy.
- Magic Number- Identifies trades made by the Ascent EA, to manage multiple trades simultaneously.
- Max Spread- Sets the maximum allowed spread for trades.
Ascent EA Summary
The Ascent EA is a Forex robot that trades breakouts caused by high-impact news. It uses dynamic take profit targets and calculates stop losses based on volatility to capture emerging trends. One of the strengths of the Ascent EA is that it trades volatility breakouts on the 15-minute timeframe, which lets it capitalize on market movements and capture emerging trends. Additionally, the Ascent EA does not have any Grid or Martingale components.
However, one potential weakness of the Ascent EA is that it trades on average a few times a week, which may not be enough for some traders. Additionally, the recommended minimum account balance is $250, which may be too high for traders with limited capital.
To determine whether the Ascent EA is suitable for you, it is recommended that you test it on a demo account first and apply good risk management settings. This will help you evaluate its performance and determine whether it is a good fit for your trading strategy. The Ascent EA is a paid tool, and its cost may vary depending on the seller. However, traders should be aware that there are no guarantees of profitability, and they should not rely on the EA to generate consistent profits.
Self-confessed Forex Geek spending my days researching and testing everything forex related. I have many years of experience in the forex industry having reviewed thousands of forex robots, brokers, strategies, courses and more. I share my knowledge with you for free to help you learn more about the crazy world of forex trading! Read more about me.