Table of Contents
Established in 1989 in the UK, CMC Markets is a leading retail broker that offers forex, spread-betting, and CFD trading services and has won multiple awards over the years. CMC Markets is listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE), with the ticker symbol CMCX. The broker provides online trading in over 10,000 instruments across multiple asset classes, including currency pairs, stocks, indices, treasuries, cryptocurrencies, metals, energies, and other commodities. They offer fast execution, along with modern trading platforms, comprehensive analysis, useful trading tools, and educational resources. However, they seem to operate a “market maker” model of order execution, as they do not provide direct access to the liquidity providers.
CMC Markets Platforms & Tools
The broker provides clients with two trading platforms — their proprietary Next Generation trading platform and the popular MetaTrader 4 platform. Designed with multiple windows layout, the Next Generation platform is a web-based system that can run on most modern web browsers. There are also mobile apps for Android and iOS devices.
The MT4 platform is available as desktop applications (for Windows and Mac computers), web terminal, and mobile apps for iOS and Android devices. In addition, the broker provides useful trading tools, such as Pattern Recognition, Module Linking, Client Sentiment, Chart Forum Community, and others.
CMC Markets Research & Education
CMC Markets has a dedicated learning section on its website where traders can find comprehensive educational resources, including trading videos and trading guides. The videos cover several trading topics, such as fundamental analysis, technical indicators, and many more. Additionally, the broker organizes at least two times each month.
CMC Markets Trading Accounts
This broker’s account types are based on the trading platform and assets available for trading. The main live account types include:
- Spread Bet Account: This account is for spread betting, which is only offered to residents of the UK and Ireland. The spreads start from 0.3pips, no minimum deposit, but maximum leverage of 1:30.
- MT4 Account: Available only on the MT4 platform, this account is for trading currency pairs, indices, and commodities. The spread starts from 0.7 pips, and there’s no commission.
- CFD Account: You can only operate this account on the “Next Generation” platform, and it gives you access to over 10,000 tradable instruments. The commission starts from 0.1%
CMC Markets Account Funding
CMC Markets accepts many payment methods, including:
- Wire Transfer: Bank transfers usually take 3-7 business days depending on the bank.
- Credit/Debit Cards: The broker accepts only 3D secure cards like Visa and MasterCard, and it doesn’t permit transactions with AMEX and Diner cards. Transactions are processed within a few hours
- Online Payment Processors: E-wallets like PayPal, Poli, and Bpay are accepted by their operations in Australia. Payments are usually processed immediately.
CMC Markets Customer Service
The broker’s customer support team can be reached through the phone, email, and online chat, and they are available 24/5, from 9 p.m. on Sunday to 10 p.m. on Friday. You can also reach them via social media channels, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Twitter. There is also useful information on the FAQ section of the broker’s website.
CMC Markets Regulation
CMC Markets is regulated in multiple jurisdictions. They are licensed and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the UK, the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) in New Zealand, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC), and the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS). Clients’ funds are held in segregated accounts in the top European banks, such as Barclays, Lloyds, Deutsche Bank, and others.
CMC Markets Review Summary
CMC Markets is a well-established online broker known for offering innovative services in forex, CFD, and spread betting. They are regulated by multiple tier-1 financial regulators around the globe, and with over 10,000 tradable instruments, CMC Markets offers you a lot of assets to trade.
Self-confessed Forex Geek spending my days researching and testing everything forex related. I have many years of experience in the forex industry having reviewed thousands of forex robots, brokers, strategies, courses and more. I share my knowledge with you for free to help you learn more about the crazy world of forex trading! Read more about me.