The Volatility Hypertrend Indicator helps to identify trends in the market. It is a trend-following indicator that uses arrows and a trendline to present where the market is heading.
What is the Volatility Hypertrend Indicator?
The Volatility Hypertrend showcases multiple elements to find the trend’s direction.
The next aspect of the indicator is the blue and red arrows. These arrows pop up when there is a strong bullish (blue arrow) or bearish (red arrow) trend.
The buy and sell signals for the Volatility Hypertrend Indicator are based on changes in the trend line from blue to red or red to blue.
Volatility Hypertrend Indicator Strategy
You must combine the arrows and the trendline to trade with the indicator.
If the Volatility Hyper Indicator plots a blue arrow, and the trendline changes from blue to red, you can look for long positions. Conversely, if the indicator plots a red arrow and the trendline changes from red to blue, you can take a short position.
The tops and bottoms of the trendline suggest a reversal and act similar to the RSI extreme overbought and oversold levels. For instance, if there is a long-term trend, and the trend line changes its colors, it marks a reversal.
One key point to add here is the Volatility Hypertrend Indicator can plot multiple arrows during the long-term trend.
So, you may need to use other indicators to identify market trends better.
The good thing is you can use the indicator on all timeframes. However, applying it on longer timeframes is best to prevent false signals.
- The trendline must change its color from blue to red.
- The indicator must plot a blue arrow.
- Wait for the price to continue upwards and then enter.
- Set a stop-loss at the recent low.
- Pace take-profit at the previous high or exit the trade when the red arrow appears.
- The trendline must change its color from red to blue.
- The indicator must plot a red arrow.
- Wait for the price to continue downwards and then enter.
- Set a stop-loss at the recent high.
- Pace take-profit at the previous low or exit the trade when the blue arrow appears.
Volatility Hypertrend Indicator Pros and Cons
Here are the pros and cons of the indicator:
- The Volatility Hypertrend Indicator helps in identifying trends in the market.
- The indicator is easy to use and understand, making it accessible to traders of all levels.
- The indicator may provide false signals on shorter timeframes.
- The Volatility Hypertrend Indicator may not work as effectively in choppy or sideways markets.
The Volatility Hypertrend Indicator is a useful technical analysis tool for traders looking to identify trends in the market. The indicator uses a trendline and arrows to illustrate the bullish and bearish momentum.
Self-confessed Forex Geek spending my days researching and testing everything forex related. I have many years of experience in the forex industry having reviewed thousands of forex robots, brokers, strategies, courses and more. I share my knowledge with you for free to help you learn more about the crazy world of forex trading! Read more about me.