The Langust EA is a trading robot that uses a grid system with signals generated from multiple timeframes and three standard indicators (Bollinger Bands, Stochastic, and RCI) for forex trading.
In this review, we will provide a comprehensive analysis of the Langust EA, including its strengths, weaknesses, and risk management features. By the end of this review, you will have a better understanding of whether the Langust EA is a suitable tool for your forex trading needs and if it is worth considering for your trading strategy.
Langust EA Strategy
Langust EA is a trading robot designed for the MetaTrader 4 (MT4) platform, optimized for the M5 (5 minutes) timeframe. It is a multi-currency pair trading system that utilizes a grid-based approach, relying on signals from multiple time frames and indicators.
The EA’s strategy is based on three standard indicators: Bollinger Bands, Stochastic, and RCI (Relative Currency Index). These indicators are used in conjunction with three different time frames. The system generates trades when all three indicators align in the same direction on the selected timeframe.
One of the strengths of Langust EA is its use of multiple indicators and time frames. The EA also offers a demo account, allowing traders to test and familiarize themselves with the system in a simulated trading environment before using it in a live trading account. This can be beneficial for traders to assess the effectiveness of the strategy.
Langust EA is limited to certain market conditions or currency pairs, as all trading strategies are subject to market fluctuations and may not always perform optimally. Additionally, the reliance on indicators and time frames may result in lagging or delayed trades, which could impact the timeliness of trade entries and exits.
Also, the Langust EA’s reliance on grid trading, which involves opening multiple positions at predetermined intervals, may pose limitations in fast-moving or highly volatile markets. It is important for traders to implement their own risk management practices, such as setting appropriate stop loss levels, managing position sizes, and diversifying their portfolios to minimize potential losses.
Langust EA Features
- MT4 Platform compatibility
- Time frame: M5 (5 minutes)
- Multi-currency pair trading
- Indicator-based strategy
- Uses grid in its trading strategy
- Uses Bollinger Bands, Stochastic, and RCI indicators
- Signals generated from multiple time frames
- Demo account available for testing and practice.
Langust EA Settings
- ECN Broker: Select the type of broker to be used with the EA (ECN).
- Allow_Buy_Orders: Enable or disable the ability to place buy orders.
- Allow_Sell_Orders: Enable or disable the ability to place sell orders.
- Lot_Size: Set the fixed lot size for each trade.
- StopLoss: Define the stop loss level for trades.
- Take_Profit: Set the take profit level for trades.
- MaxRisk: Determine the maximum risk percentage per trade.
- Order_Multiplier: Set the multiplier for increasing or decreasing the lot size of subsequent orders in the grid.
- Fast_Period: Set the period for the Fast Moving Average used in the strategy.
- Signal_Period: Set the period for the Signal Moving Average used in the strategy.
- Filter: Apply a filter to the trading signals based on additional criteria.
- Cross_Level: Set the level at which the strategy considers a cross of the indicators as a valid signal.
- Allow_Trailing_Stop: Enable or disable the use of trailing stop for trades.
- Trailing_Pips: Set the number of pips for the trailing stop.
- Trailing_Start: Define the profit level at which the trailing stop should start.
- Trailing_Profit: Set the profit level at which the trailing stop should lock in profits.
- Show_Info: Enable or disable the display of information on the chart.
- Slippage: Set the acceptable slippage for trade executions.
- Magic: Assign a unique identifier (magic number) to the trades placed by the EA for tracking purposes.
Langust EA Summary
The Langust EA is a forex trading robot designed for use on the MT4 platform. It uses a grid system and three standard indicators (Bollinger Bands, Stochastic, RCI) to generate buy and sell signals on multiple currency pairs. The strength of the Langust EA lies in its systematic approach to trading and the visual display of signals on a special visualization panel. It also offers a demo account for testing purposes and allows for the application of good risk management settings, such as stop loss and take profit levels.
However, it’s important to note that the Langust EA does have some weaknesses, including the limitations in certain market conditions or currency pairs. Also, its use of the grid system significantly increases the potential for great losses in the forex market. It is suitable for traders who are interested in automated trading and are willing to thoroughly test and adjust the EA based on their own trading preferences and risk tolerance.
Self-confessed Forex Geek spending my days researching and testing everything forex related. I have many years of experience in the forex industry having reviewed thousands of forex robots, brokers, strategies, courses and more. I share my knowledge with you for free to help you learn more about the crazy world of forex trading! Read more about me.