Apex Trader Funding is a community of traders that believe in helping traders trade well with over 30,000 members across the globe since 2008. As the name suggests, they are a trading funding company that provide a forex funding program with simple rules and great customer service. They are offering one of the easiest to pass, lowest cost, highest contract funding plans. Founded in 2021 by Darrell Martin, the company motto is “traders helping traders”. Read on to find out more about this prop trading firm and what they offer to see if it is something that can help you to achieve your goals.
What is Apex Trader Funding?
In recent years, forex prop firms have increased in popularity. The technology has evolved significantly and more and more aspiring traders are looking to take on funding challenges. Companies such as Apex Trader Funding will provide you with a funded forex account and set you challenges to see how well you perform. If you pass the challenges that they set on an evaluation account, you can then qualify for a funded account.
One of the main things that sets Apex Trader apart from some of the other fx prop firms is that they provide hands-on support with a large community of like-minded traders who try to help each other out. Granted, you can simply trade by yourself and focus on your trading strategies if you prefer, but it is good to have the support available none the less.
What do Apex Trader Funding do?
Apex Trader offer among the easiest to pass, lowest cost, highest contract plans with the fewest rules to empower you to move forward to a performance account so you can get paid. They don’t restrict traders during holidays, news, or other cumbersome rules. They allow you to trade anytime you want 23 hours a day between 6PM one day to closing all positions and orders by 4:59 PM ET the next day ET.
Apex Trader also do not add in rules like daily drawdowns to knock you out or have plans that limit you with scaling. There is a good selection of plans that cap your contracts at the max contracts without failing you for going over your allowed contracts. Thus, the company can give you the flexibility to trade your way. You can trade a range of financial instruments including commodities, stocks, currencies, indices and cryptos.
Traders obtain funding upon successful completion of any of the Apex Trader evaluation programs. They strive to offer you the best opportunity to obtain funding with their proprietary firm. This is for traders who either lack the capital or don’t want to risk their savings in order to trade. Making the programs’ evaluations simple allows you to reach your profit goal without a lot of unnecessary rules. This can help to give you the best chance of success in funding.
Apex Trader Funding Features
I like how the Apex Trader Funding program keeps things nice and simple. You get a test account to see what you can do. If you managed to meet the targets that they set, you can then move onto a funded account and share any profits with the company.
- You have to pass the exam, hitting the profit without hitting the drawdown. Trade a minimum of 7 days to pass
- You keep the first $25,000 in profits when funded.
- After that $25,000, we keep 10% and you keep 90% of profits.
- So instead of risking your capital, you’re allowing us a percentage of profits so you don’t have to worry about crashes, flash crashes, losing all your savings, trading stupid among other things.
Apex Trader Funding Evaluation Accounts
To start with, Apex Trader will give you an evaluation account to see how good your trading strategies are. This is the first port of call for anyone looking to get into forex prop trading. I mean, it would be crazy for a company to give users large funded accounts without actually knowing if they have what it takes to produce good results. The Apex Trader evaluation account features the following:
- Trade full size contracts
- Only 1 evaluation step of 7 trading days
- No scaling requirements
- If you trade too many contracts it simply rejects the trade it does not fail you
- No daily drawdowns
- Trade on holidays
- Trade during the news
- A simple rule manage risk with a large live trailing threshold
- Trade any strategy that best suits you
- Include free real time data
- Get multiple accounts to spread risk and increase profits
- Least expensive reset fee
- Available globally where allowed by law
- Free Ninja License
Apex Trader Funded Accounts
If you have what it takes and all goes well during the evaluation process, Apex Trader can give you a paid performance account. This allows you to make profits on a funded account provided you trade well. In return, you share a small percentage of those profits with the company. In addition, the Apex funded account comes with a few other advantages which are listed below:
- Free Ninja License save $75 month included free
- Free live data save $55 a month
- Start with full size account with no size restrictions like scaling
- Get paid 100% of your first $25,000 profit
- Then get paid 90% of your profits thereafter
What are the benefits of the Apex Trader Funding Program?
- The ability to keep the first 25k per account based on the pay-out schedule, then 90/10 split after that
- Only trade evaluation accounts for seven days instead of ten to qualify for a PA account
- Receive 100 percent of the first $25k paid out, per account
- Traders can get paid twice a month
- New benefits apply to existing accounts
- Trade Full-Sized Contracts in Evaluations or Funded Accounts
- No Scaling or Failing by Going Over Contract Size
- No Daily Drawdowns
- Trade on Holidays
- Trade Your Normal Day to Day Strategy or System During the News
- No Total Cap on Maximum Payouts
- One-Step Evaluation Process
- Real-Time Data Included
- Simple Risk Management Rules
- Trade with Multiple Accounts up to a max of 20
Conclusion: is Apex Trader Funding a good prop firm?
Yes, I think they are one of the top prop firms out there who have a nice community feel about them. There are plenty of positive Apex Trader Funding Reviews online with users happy with the service that they provide. Yes, you will find a few negative comments but from what I saw this was mainly due to traders making their own mistakes with their trading strategies. After all, Apex Trader is just providing you with a funded account whilst you handle all of the trading activity on the accounts.
I like how they have done what they can to make this as easy as possible for you removing as many obstacles as possible so that you are free to pursue your own success in a way that works best for you. They don’t have hidden rules deep in the terms and rules are simple hit your profit target without hitting your drawdown day trading up to 23 hours a day. The Apex Trader funded program seek to be a great resource for you with genuine concern and care to help you succeed. The company state that they “welcome you to join us and stay with us for the long haul as we are here to support you”.
Apex Trader Funding$147
- Community of traders
- Various packages to choose from
- Practice account to start
- Funded account once you pass
- Reasonable fees
- Range of bonuses
- Good support
- Low profit share
- Requires good trading skills to pass
- Not available in all countries
- Other more well known prop firms
Self-confessed Forex Geek spending my days researching and testing everything forex related. I have many years of experience in the forex industry having reviewed thousands of forex robots, brokers, strategies, courses and more. I share my knowledge with you for free to help you learn more about the crazy world of forex trading! Read more about me.